MUMBAI – Sumitomo Corp. of Japan has won the first and possibly final round of a 6-month convoluted fight for control of Swaraj Mazda Ltd. India, which builds both medium and light commercial vehicles in India. However, a group of U.K. and offshore private equity funds led by Actis Capital LLP, is not giving up. Actis reportedly has resources of more than $2.8 billion to throw at its quest for Swaraj Mazda's acquisition. Swaraj Mazda Prestige Swaraj Mazda started out in 1983 as a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.