The courting has stopped and the combination of online business-to-business supplier exchange networks was started last Friday (Feb. 25) with the announcement by Ford Motor Co., General Motors Corp. and DaimlerChrysler AG that the automakers are jointly creating an independent virtual marketplace for suppliers. Upon receiving government approval and reaching a definitive agreement by the end of March, the still-to-be-named venture will be the largest Internet business in history. Ford, GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.