Big truck manufacturers closed out a record year by delivering 45,180 medium- and heavy-duty trucks in December, an increase of 14.3% compared to year-ago and the best monthly sales tally since June. Sales of Class 4-8 trucks finished 1999 at 521,534, up 22.9% from 1998's industry record of 424,280. Heavy-duty deliveries for the year totaled 262,660, vs. the 209,483 big rigs sold in 1998. That's an improvement of 25.4%. Freightliner Corp. posted the largest market share increase in Class 8 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.