Sales of medium- (Classes 4-7) and heavy-duty (Class 8) trucks are on their way to a second straight record year in 1999. March big truck sales are believed to be an any-month high of 47,776, an impressive 21% higher than the 39,536 units delivered last December — the second best month on record. Indeed, combined medium- and heavy-duty truck sales through the first quarter of 1999 are running 29.1% ahead of like-1998's record pace, a year that ended with sales of 424,251 units. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.