U.S. big truck sales kicked off the new year up 13.2% from like-2010, besting December’s 2.6% gain, according to Ward’s data. All groups but Class 4 posted increases for January, compared with year-ago. Related document: Ward’s U.S. Truck Sales by Weight Class – January 2011 Class 8 saw a strong January, with sales up 25% on gains by all truck makers. Daimler’s Western Star brand earned had the largest increase, 125.5%, which was good enough to offset the 98.8% freefall by its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.