DETROIT – Ford Motor Co.’s Lincoln Div. releases sales totals that suggest the death of its Blackwood program comes none too soon. The storied brand sold 170 of the ’02 luxury pickups last month, bringing the model-year total to 412 – embarrassingly short of the 10,000-unit production schedule the auto maker announced last summer. Lincoln confirms it will build the last Blackwood next year. Originally touted as a “uniquely American interpretation of luxury,” the stylish vehicle has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.