DEARBORN - Valeo SA predicts that its radar-based blindspot detection system will be in use on 1 million vehicles worldwide within a decade. The French supplier says its Radar Traffic Environment Sensing system should debut on a production vehicle in 2005, likely first in the U.S. Although the OEM decides retail price, Valeo officials estimate the technology could be available to consumers for $600 or $700, installed as original equipment. The technology springs forth from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.