SAO PAULO — The Brazilian car market is entering a new phase with General Motor Corp.'s launch of its Blue Macaw small car in August. GM has yet to reveal the price of the new model, but it's expected to be priced at US$7,500-US$8,000 for the basic model, which will make it competitive with Fiat SpA's Uno Mille, currently the least expensive car in Brazil at US$7,700. GM reportedly is looking to achieve increased market share with its new subcompact. For the first four months of the year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.