Aggressive tariff cuts in the last 15 years threaten the viability of Australia's declining manufacturing sector, including the automotive industry, Australia’s biggest steel maker says. BlueScope Steel Ltd. CEO Kirby Adams tells a recent meeting of the American Chamber of Commerce in Melbourne that the federal government must take a tougher stance on its trade policy. BlueScope supplies steel for the new Australian-built Toyota Camry and upcoming Aurion, as well as the Ford Territory ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.