DETROIT -- Fact is, BMW AG has placed on Ward’s 10 Best Engines list in some form or another of its revered inline 6-cyl. layout since the competition's inception in 1995. You don't need us to recite BMW's credentials as the industry's crown prince of straight sixes, but it's nonetheless instructive to consider how carefully the company with "Motor" in its title nurtures its gloriously refined brood. For a fleeting moment in the new century, we'd worried that BMW -- distracted by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.