BMW AG says it will halt production of its Z8 and M5 models in June. The M5 is being put out to pasture as a result of the introduction of the new 5-Series, which goes into production later this year. The Z8, meanwhile, reaches the end of its projected life cycle. BMW Z8 The Z8 made its debut on the world stage amidst great fanfare in 2000 via production at BMW’s Munich, Germany, assembly plant. More than 5,700 copies of the ultra-luxury roadster have been sold since its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.