SPARTANBURG, SC – BMW AG has added some serious sport to its sport activity vehicle for 2002 thanks to the new ’02 X5 4.6is. Imagine, if you would, a sport activity vehicle (that’s what BMW insiders dub the X5, trying to differentiate the Bimmer from the rest of the SUV/crossover crowd) that seats six and has the power, ride and handling of an M-Series BMW sports sedan. Impossible, right? Well, don’t be so quick to judge. This somewhat impossible mixture of functionality and sports car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.