TURIN – BMW AG will not waste a second when it receives rights to the Rolls-Royce name from Volkswagen AG on Jan. 1, 2003. Well-placed sources say that BMW plans in the first minutes of the new year to unveil the all-new Rolls-Royce at its Goodwood, U.K., plant. (see related story: BMW Hires Former Rolls-Royce Chief) The details are sketchy. All that is known is the new luxury limousine will be a “major step” above the BMW 7-Series. The new Rolls-Royce will be presented to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.