CAREFREE, AZ – BMW AG may divert vehicle shipments of German-built models to more profitable markets if the already-weakened U.S. dollar’s erosion continues, says Tom Purves, chairman and CEO of BMW of North America LLC. BMWNA is poised for new volume records in the U.S. this year and next, says Purves, but that could change if the dollar plunges further. A reduction in allocation would put those volumes in jeopardy. But he stresses this is only a possible scenario, and no decisions have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.