GENEVA – BMW AG's design revolution continues with the controversial CS1 concept previewing the look of the auto maker’s new ’04 rear-drive- baby and copping the same criticism that seems to follow BMW's every move away from more conventional design principles (see related story: CS1 Concept Hints at Future BMW Small Car). Is Chris Bangle, BMW's design boss, troubled by this? "We're not going to whine," he says. "With our show cars – the Z9 coupe and X Coupe – we've put our bookends out ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.