NEW YORK – Creating a new urban-mobility chic with the i3 and i8, BMW designer Benoit Jacob integrates the DNA of the upscale marque with a futuristic aerodynamic vision for electric vehicles. Jacob tells WardsAuto in an interview here the new urban vehicles retain BMW design elements that his team incorporated into forward-looking plug-in hybrids. The i3 and i8 will be the first mass-produced cars with extremely lightweight carbon-fiber bodies. That will help offset the 440-lb. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.