BMW Group Forschung und Technik, the research and technology arm of Germany’s BMW AG, has developed a new lighter and more compact hydrogen storage tank. Made of a composite material, which reduces the weight of the entire unit by one-third compared with conventional cylindrical steel tanks, the new storage system was developed by the auto maker’s engineers working in conjunction with 34 partners from the European aerospace, automotive and supplier industries, as well as leading ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.