BMW AG’s Singapore operation reportedly is in talks to set up a distribution base at the Malaysian port of Tanjung Pelepas in the southern state of Johor. The Business Times quotes unidentified sources as saying BMW – which has its regional headquarters in Singapore – also will take back its wholesale business in Malaysia. The move to the port is part of BMW's plan to expand its presence in Malaysia ahead of the liberalization of the car sector in 2005 under the ASEAN (Assn. of Southeast ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.