BMW AG receives state approval to set up a car-manufacturing joint venture in China. The German auto maker began talks with minibus maker Brilliance China Automotive Holdings Ltd. in late 2000, in a bid to jointly manufacture BMW sedans. The Chinese government issued BMW the often difficult-to-obtain project proposal permit, which allows for the establishment of the joint venture. Analysts say that BMW expects to control a 50% stake in the venture and Brilliance China will hold 40%, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.