NEW YORK – A revolutionary development in car radio will become available later this year when BMW AG becomes the first auto maker to offer high-definition (HD) radio in some ’06 models, Ward’s learns. HD radio eliminates the static, hisses, crackles and pops that interfere with listening pleasure today. The digital HD radio signals give analog FM and AM stations upgraded CD-quality sound. Visteon to supply HD radio unit. HD also provides new wireless data features including ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.