BMW AG and Brilliance China Automotive Holdings Ltd. commemorate the production launch of the BMW 3- and 5-Series at a joint venture plant in Shenyang, China. Each auto maker holds a 50% stake in the plant, which will amount to an €450 million ($538.2 million) investment when completed in 2005. Initial production estimates call for the manufacture of 30,000 vehicles via 3,000 employees. Output is expected to increase as construction of the facility is completed by 2005.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.