MONTEREY, CA – After skipping a year, BMW AG begins sales this month of its most powerful M3 sports car ever. For the first time, the re-born ’08 M3 gets a V-8 engine that generates 420 hp and 295 lb.-ft. (400 Nm) of torque. The engine, which weighs 445 lbs. (200 kg) without the gearbox, cranks out 24% more power than the previous-generation M3 with a 6-cyl. mill, while weighing 7%, or 33 lbs. (15 kg), less, BMW says. The M3 achieves 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in 4.8 seconds and an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.