NEW YORK – Trailing slightly behind Mercedes-Benz through the year’s first six months doesn’t bother Jack Pitney, vice president-marketing for BMW of North America LLC. Pitney predicts a second-half sales surge will catapult BMW ahead of Mercedes by year’s end. “We’ll be posting nice numbers for the rest of the year,” he tells Ward’s at a press conference here. Pitney says sales of X5 and X6 cross/utility vehicles manufactured at BMW’s Greenville, SC, plant are doing “tremendously ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.