SINGAPORE -- BMW AG names Birgit Maier, 42, to head its Asian head office, making her the first woman to lead a BMW subsidiary. Maier becomes managing director of BMW Asia in April. She takes over from 30-year BMW veteran Felix Herrnberger, 53, who returns to Germany to head the company's motorcycle center in Munich. Maier started her career as a Mercedes-Benz saleswoman in 1983. Three years later, she moved to BMW to become a sales trainer. In 1991, she was named sales training manager, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.