FRANKFURT — Karl-Heinz Kalbfell is starting a car company from nothing. Well, not quite. He has a name: Rolls-Royce. On Jan. 1, 2003, when BMW AG assumes control of Rolls-Royce from Volkswagen AG, the Crewe, U.K., plant and its dedicated and experienced workforce, the home of RR and Bentley for a half century, stays with VW, the owners of Bentley. Under an agreement forged last year by VW Chairman Ferdinand Piech and then-BMW boss Bernd Pischetsrieder, the two marques that have been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.