WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ – BMW AG already produces an award-winning 6-cyl. diesel engine and now promises for the U.S. market a 4-cyl. diesel with performance to rival the auto maker’s heralded 3.0L turbocharged inline 6-cyl. gasoline engine. Jim O'Donnell, president of BMW of North America LLC, tells Ward’s the auto maker is evaluating a small diesel for the U.S., but declines to discuss a timeframe for introduction. “I think the 4-cyl. technology is advancing so much now, we see it as an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.