BMW AG releases engine specifications for the newly upgraded inline 6-cyl. engines the company will introduce this fall. BMW's widely used 2.8L I-6 will be expanded to displace 3L; power will rise from the current 193 hp to 225 hp and torque increases marginally from 206 lb.-ft. (279 Nm) to 214 lb.-ft. (290 Nm). Accompanying the new 3L engine this fall will be a revised 3.2L “M” I-6, producing 330 hp and 255 lb.-ft. (346 Nm) of torque. The engine features BMW's VANOS infinitely variable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.