CHARLESTON, SC – The folks at BMW AG don’t want the ’03 Z4 to be pegged as a Z3 replacement. Don't call it another Z3: BMW says the '03 Z4 takes the roadster to the next level Rather, the Z4 takes the BMW roadster to the next level, insiders say. “The last thing we wanted to do was a Z3 marque 2,” says Anders Warming, Z4’s exterior designer. BMW started with the basics when it mapped out the Z4. The roadster rides on an all-new platform with an overall wheelbase length of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.