DEARBORN, MI – BMW AG has invested in products and capacity to grow from 1 million vehicle sales in 2002 to 1.4 million in six years, says Tom Purves, chairman and CEO, BMW (US) Holding Corp. The European auto maker produces more than 1 million vehicles annually, as well as 100,000 motorcycles, and "we are profitable," Purves tells industry types at an automotive conference here. There aren’t many niche models left for BMW to pursue. Mini and Rolls-Royce take care of the small and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.