BMW AG reports its third-quarter net profit rose 2.8% to €445 million ($508 million) vs. year-ago’s €433 million ($494 million). However, overall group revenue slipped 0.3% to €9.945 billion ($11.4 billion), a result of weak motorcycle sales. Automobile sales climbed 3.2% in the period, to 270,439 units. Sales of the BMW 5-Series, of which the newly redesigned ’04 model went on sale during the quarter, jumped 30.9% to 50,161 units. Sales were mixed for the rest of the BMW ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.