SPARTANBURG, SC – Production of the ’07 X5 cross/utility vehicle at BMW Mfg. Co.’s plant here is ramping up slowly, but the auto maker expects to have its pipeline full by the time the CUV goes on sale next month. At present, 90 next-generation X5s are rolling off the line per day and “we’re increasing that amount daily,” a spokesman says. In the past, only 40% of X5 volume was sold domestically. But this time, initial plant production is slated strictly for delivery to the U.S. market. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.