LONDON — They called it “The Bank.” Once, the white building opposite Hyde Park on Bayswater Road housed a Barclays branch, but for five months in 1999 it was the home of a temporary design studio. Here, in complete secrecy, an international team of designers created the styling for a totally new Rolls-Royce. BMW's Rolls-Royce. On Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2003, that car, the first Rolls-Royce conceived and developed by BMW, will be handed over to its owner. The date, symbolic of a new era ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.