The Service Technicians Society (STS), an affiliate of the Society of Automotive Engineers, announces the publication of American Iron — A History of the OHV V-8, 1949-1961. The book recounts the history of the V-8 since the introduction of the Cadillac and Oldsmobile V-8s in 1949, which led straight to the beginnings of the muscle car era. The book is comprised of a series of papers delineating the design and engineering processes of several landmark engines, including Chrysler's “Hemi,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.