PARIS – BorgWarner Automotive Inc. is replacing production lost forever in North America with future technology aimed mainly at emerging markets. “The drastic schedule cuts we’ve seen from the Detroit Three, the size of the cuts and how rapidly they came about drove us to consider plans to resize our operations in North America,” CEO Tim Manganello says in an interview. “We think these cuts are probably more permanent than past cuts we’ve seen in the industry.” Although Auburn Hills, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.