Robert Bosch GmbH releases figures predicting that by 2005, 40% of Europe's gasoline-engine passenger-vehicle market will be accounted for by lean-buring, direct-injection gasoline (DGI) engines. That 40% for DGI, however, will translate to less than 30% of total European passenger-vehicle sales, because diesel engines now account for nearly 30% of Europe-wide passenger-vehicle fitment. European vehicle makers have proposed to voluntarily reduce total fleet fuel consumption to around ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.