STUTTGART — Robert Bosch GmbH is half a step behind its competitor, Siemens AG, in getting gasoline direct injection on the market, but Bosch is convinced it has a better technical strategy. Siemens, working with a 2L Renult SA engine, has its high pressure injectors and common rail system on the market already in the Megane Coupe and Cabriolet. Bosch, working with Volkswagen AG, will have its version on the road next spring in a 1.4L VW Lupo. Both engines claim an improvement in fuel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.