BOXBERG, Germany – Robert Bosch GmbH has a new device that may keep lead-foot drivers out of trouble with the law. At the supplier's test track here, Bosch demonstrates its roadsign recognition system on a Mercedes-Benz S-Class. A complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) camera placed below the rear-view mirror surveys the road ahead and is programmed to identify speed-limit and other traffic signs. Bosch system recognizes speed-limit signs in Europe (above) as well as those in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.