TOYOHASHI, Japan – Next time you sit in your comfortable Lexus sedan, thank the women at Toyoda Boshoku Corp. for providing what are arguably the best seats in the industry. Nearly two dozen women work in the Lexus shop at the supplier’s Toyohashi seat plant, 35 miles (56 km) southeast of Nagoya, and half of them man the final inspection line where they “see dirt” men can’t, don’t or won’t. The 715,000-sq.-ft. (66,424-sq.-m) Toyohashi plant, which opened in May 1982, produces 2,640 seat ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.