WARREN, MI – General Motors Corp.’s Bowling Green, KY, plant has made 10 Cadillac XLR prototypes and is on track to launch the luxury roadster by year end, a company engineer tells Ward's. "We’re in what we call the manufacturing validation build," David Leone, XLR chief engineer, says here at a preview of GM’s new Northstar engine, overhauled for rear-wheel-/all-wheel-drive applications. "We’re building units very slowly." Cadillac XLR And the line rate will stay that way, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.