SAO PAULO – Brazil auto exports fell 19.5% in the year’s first five months to $971.9 million. In May the four main auto makers – Volkswagen AG, General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and Fiat Auto Spa, exported $255 million. Ford was the only manufacturer to increase exports in the first five months, to $168.5 million, up 11.4% over the year-ago period. Ford officials attributed the increase to shipment of Ka and Courier models to Mexico. In May Ford also began exporting its Fiesta, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.