SAO PAULO – Financing by banks associated with automotive companies fell 21% in May from April due to economic turbulence in Brazil. The auto industry has 162,400 vehicles in stock, sufficient for 451 days of sales at current rates of 2.1% to 2.4%. Some auto makers are offering financing at 0.98%, low by Brazilian standards, and discounts of up to 15% on the price of cars.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.