SAO PAULO – Fiat Automobiles SpA says its Brazilian division is developing a global car to succeed the Palio. In addition to producing the car in Brazil, it also will be manufactured in China, India and Russia, says Harold Westar, vice president-technology. "We are working with a concept of low cost in our center of development in Brazil,” Westar says. “We want to sell it worldwide in various markets in expansion. What is important is the strengthening of our position in South America ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.