SAO PAULO – Brazilian vehicle manufacturers are projecting the export of 300,000 engines in 2006. Vera Meinhard, Renault SA sales director here, says the French auto maker, alone, plans to export 190,000 passenger-car engines next year, or 25.7% more than this year’s 150,000. The units mostly will be shipped to France, Colombia and Turkey, plus alliance partner Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s operations in Mexico and Slovenia. Bart Laton, DaimlerChrysler AG production director, estimates ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.