SAO PAULO – The global financial crisis is taking a toll on Brazil’s booming economy as vehicle production plunges 34.4% to 164,900 units in November, compared with October, and down 28.6% from year-ago’s 272,900. In year’s first 11 months, Brazil produced 3.11 million vehicles, up 13% over like-2007. But the year is not expected to be quite so rosy. Exports climbed 6.1% in the year’s first 11 months to $13 billion, compared with prior-year. However, they slid 23.1% in November to $1 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.