SAO PAULO – Brazil's domestic sales saw a record first half, climbing 8.6% to 817,700 vehicles. Industry analysts believe sales are on track to beat the country's previous full-year record of 1.94 million vehicles (including trucks and buses) set in 1997. Fiat Automoveis SA led all auto makers with 201,120 units sold and a 24.6% market share. It was followed by Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda. (186,005), General Motors do Brasil Ltda. (185,260) and Ford Brasil Ltda. (91,077). Mercedes-Benz ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.