SAO PAULO – Brazil’s January vehicle sales slid 39% to 82,500 units, from 135,400 in December, representing a 10% drop from prior-year. Fiat Automoveis SA sales slumped 56% in January to 16,538 units, forcing the auto maker from its No.1 sales position to No.3. VW Brazil regains No.1 sales position in falling market. Second-place General Motors do Brasil Ltda. suffered a 45% decline to 18,796. Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda., which held the No.3 position in sales last year, regained ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.