SAO PAULO – Increased demand for vehicles in Brazil is causing a flurry of activity in engine manufacturing. Fiat Automoveis SA purchased the Tritec Motors Ltd. plant to keep up engine production, while General Motors do Brasil Ltda. plans to build a new unit in Santa Catarina and Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda is expanding its Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo, facility. Tritec is the former engine-building joint venture between DaimlerChrysler AG and BMW AG located in Campo Largo that produced small ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.