SAO PAULO — Edson Andrade, president of the Brazilian Bus Manufacturers Assn. and director of Busscar, of Santa Catarina, the world's fifth-largest bus producer, set up a joint venture in Guanajay, Cuba, 30 km (18.6 miles) from Havana, and trained 300 Cubans at his Brazilian factory in less than one year. Busscar exports buses to 30 countries and has been building them in Mexico in a joint venture set up since 1999. It also has a JV to produce buses in Norway for the European market. As a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.