Breed Technologies Inc. and Siemens Automotive will dissolve their restraint systems joint venture by mid-October, ending a painful relationship that lays bare the difficulties and risks of supplier mergers and acquisitions. While Breed navigates its way through bankruptcy court (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Sept. 27, '99, p.5), Siemens considers finding a new partner with which to develop complete safety systems. The companies agreed to dissolve the venture because Breed could no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.