PARIS – High-performance carbon-ceramic disc brakes won’t be moving into ordinary cars anytime soon, but the promise of saving 55 lbs. (25 kg) of unsprung weight in a vehicle has Italian brake specialist Brembo SpA and its customers thinking about the idea. Ceramic discs are optional equipment on several exotic sports cars, such as Ferraris, Porsches and the Audi R8, due to their light weight and fade-free stopping performance compared with cast-iron discs. Approximately 20,000 vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.